The Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) refers to the presence of maldigestion and malabsorption of such nutrients. It is a consequence of the primary loss of functional parenchyma and/or secondarily impaired exocrine pancreatic function and insufficient pancreatic enzyme activity. EPI is sometimes defined simply as an enzyme output less than 10% of that necessary to sustain normal digestion; however, there is no consensus in the literature on the definition of EPI.
Download Sample Report– https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/exocrine-pancreatic-insufficiency-market
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
There are several causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) which include Diabetes, Pancreatic cancer, Celiac disease, HIV/AIDS, Chronic Pancreatitis, Cystic Fibrosis Ulcerative Colitis, Schwachman–Diamond Syndrome, and others.
The diagnostic approach to EPI can be addressed to evaluate the maldigestion of nutrients or to quantify the exocrine pancreatic secretion specifically. Two categories of tests can be distinguished: direct and indirect. Indirect tests assess the consequence of exocrine insufficiency, evaluating quantitative changes of pancreatic secretion. Direct tests evaluate the secretive production directly, and, despite their good sensitivity, are invasive, time-consuming, expensive, and not useful in monitoring the response to pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT).
Patients with EPI may be treated with Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT) to aid in the digestion and absorption of fats; PERT is recommended for patients with EPI to address weight loss, malnutrition, and steatorrhea. Briefly, treatment is primarily based on oral PERT regimens to correct malnutrition and improve symptoms. The current drugs that fall under PERT includes Creon, Zenpep, Pancreaze, Viokase, and Pertzye respectively, Underlying diseases leading to EPI should be treated, and lifestyle modifications should also be undertaken, including alcohol abstinence (to reduce pain and increase gastric lipase secretion) and supplementation of fat-soluble vitamins as needed.
- Pertzye (pancrelipase): Digestive Care
- Creon (pancrelipase)/Lipacreon: AbbVie
- Zenpep (pancrelipase): Nestle
- MS1819-SD: AzurRx BioPharma
- Digestive Care
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Aptalis Pharma/Forest Laboratories
- Alcresta Therapeutics
- Aptalis Pharma/Forest Laboratories
- Chiesi Farmaceutici
- AzurRx BioPharma
The treatment landscape of EPI majorly includes pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT), lifestyle modifications (e.g., avoidance of fatty foods, limitation of alcohol intake, cessation of smoking, and consumption of a well-balanced diet) and vitamin supplementation (primarily the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K). Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT) is the first line therapeutic mainstay that is prescribed in patients. The pancreatic enzyme products (PEPs) used for PERT are extracts of porcine pancreas that contain all three pancreatic enzymes (i.e., amylase, protease, and lipase) in varying proportions. However, it is lipase that plays the paramount role in therapy. Pharmacological therapies are the mainstay treatment option followed by the patients with EPI. The market of EPI includes use of the drugs either as monotherapy and are not interchangeable. There are several approved drugs in the market of different classes.
For buying a report– https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/exocrine-pancreatic-insufficiency-market
Table of content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary
- SWOT Analysis
- Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Market Overview at a Glance
- Disease Background and Overview: Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
- Recognized Establishments
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Country-wise Epidemiology of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
- Unmet Needs
- Marketed Drugs
- Emerging Drugs
- Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI): 7 Major Market Analysis
- Conjoint Analysis
- 7MM Market Outlook
- United States Market Size
- EU-5 Market Size
- Access and Reimbursement Overview: Exocrine Pancreatic Insuffficiency (EPI)
- Case Reports
- Market Drivers
- Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
- In the coming years, the Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.