Dry Construction Market: Introduction
- Dry construction refers to the use of dry materials such as wallboards and gypsum boards that replace bricks, concrete, and plaster in construction. The process is used to avoid delays in construction activities.
- The global dry construction market can be classified based on type, material, system, application, and region. Based on type, the global dry construction market can be segmented into boarding and supporting framework. In terms of material, the market can be divided into metal, plastic, glass, wood, plastic, and others. Based on system, the global dry construction market can be categorized into wall system, ceiling system, door system, window system, flooring system, and others. In terms of application, the global dry construction market can be split into residential and non-residential.
Key Drivers of Dry Construction Market
- Major drivers of the global dry construction market are increase in adoption of lightweight construction practices; preference for improved housing technologies by end-users; rise in construction activities; lower setup cost as compared to wet construction; rapid urbanization; growth in infrastructure activities; and increase in the penetration of dry construction in the residential, industrial, and commercial sectors. Additionally, support from regulatory bodies for dry construction has been fuelling the market.
- Rapid growth of the population and increase in awareness about dry construction materials have boosted demand for these materials across the globe. Changes in end-user preference toward sustainable building techniques and promotion of green technology by regulatory bodies in the construction sector are anticipated to drive the global dry construction market during the forecast period.
Restraints of Dry Construction Market
- Disposal of synthetic materials from the waste of dry construction such as glass, plastic, and metal is a major restraint of the global dry construction market. Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of dry construction is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of dry construction. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the dry construction market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of dry construction in many developed and underdeveloped countries are projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Dry Construction Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for dry construction in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this has led to a declining in demand for dry construction across the globe.
- Key players operating in the dry construction market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of dry construction materials.
More Trending Reports
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Dry Construction Market
- Based on region, the global dry construction market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Insufficient supply of raw materials for wet construction is fuelling the demand for dry construction materials in North America. Preference for short duration construction is boosting demand for dry construction materials in Europe.
- Increase in population has been driving the construction sector in Asia Pacific, as end-users are opting for prefabricated dry construction systems. Additionally, preference for quality dry construction in-house products at low prices as compared to wet construction materials is expected to boost the dry construction market in the region.
- Growth in commercial and industrial construction activities is anticipated to drive the demand for dry construction materials in Middle East & Africa in the near future. Latin America is also estimated to be an attractive region of the dry construction market, owing to growth of the construction industry in the region.
Request Covid19 analysis on this market
Global Dry Construction Market Key Players
Major players operating in the global dry construction market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- USG Boral
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Fletcher Building Limited
- The Xella Group
- Beijing New Building Materials
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
- Etex Group SA
- CSR Ltd.
- Promax Group Inc.
- Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LLC
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- PABCO Building Products, LLC
- Knauf Gips KG
- Masterplast Plc.
- Panel Rey S.A.
- Pabco Gypsum